Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Braised Short Ribs


The Amateur Gourmet made these and posted the recipe with tons of photos (he attributes it to the Babbo Cookbook). I followed his lead and used a Chianti but made the full recipe that calls for 4 ribs. The only issue for me was the cooking time. After 2 hours in the oven the ribs were done, but they were not all falling off the bone. This may have been because the ribs were not all the same size - 2 were bigger and 2 were smaller. The first night I served the ribs with tomato gnocchi from Ohio City Pasta. The second night I skimmed off a lot of fat and used the leftovers (meat pulled off of the bones and added to pot) as a pasta sauce served over whole wheat bow ties.



4 comments:

Sourire11 said...

Those look so tasty!!!

Jacquie said...

Girl, I am stoked to find a fellow Cleveland blogger who loves to cook and loves the West Side Market. I go there every week. Hey, my girlfriend told me Carl Monday just did an exposure on them. Did you see it? I don't know if I want to. I'm hoping it wasn't bad.

holly_44109 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
holly_44109 said...

monday's "breaking story" on the wsm aired last night. i was tempted to watch it but decided it would be too difficult. he is such crap. i'm sure it's online now anyways.