Wednesday, July 30, 2008
"Rick the Butcher" talked us into buying a 10lb pork loin. That's a lot of pork. I hacked it into 8 pork chops and 2 roasts. The chops were grilled and a roast was put in the crock pot last Sunday. The roast came out DRY but was turned into pulled pork sandwiches on Monday and tacos on Tuesday. One roast left in the freezer. More pork dishes to come.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
William was Baptized last Sunday. We had lunch for our family and friends afterwards at our house. The skies were grey that morning and looked like it was going to storm. Luckily it cleared up and all our guests were able to sit in the very sunny backyard. I have no idea what we would have done if it rained. There's no way 40 people would have fit in our apartment.
We ordered chicken and rigatoni from Carmino's. The menu also included brats, potato salad, fruit salad, pasta salad, coleslaw, watermelon, deviled eggs, calico beans, a huge veggie tray, kolachki and cake. Lots of drinks but not enough bottled water!
My friend Jodie was William's Godmother. She came over early to get him dressed and did a fantastic job helping us all day.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Erin, William and I drove down to the Peninsula Farmers Market on Saturday. We didn't get there till 11am so there wasn't much left to buy. I did get a bar of ginger & grapefruit soap from Lazy Bee and a peach apple pie from another vendor. Unfortunately, the pie crust wasn't baked all the way through and the middle was raw :( Next time we have to get there when it opens, bring a cooler and not forget the baby's hat. That way I can put him in the carrier instead of lugging him around in his car seat.
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
During the last 3 months I have...
- changed many, many diapers
- ordered lots of take out
- read "A Walk in the Woods" by night light
- been spit, peed and pooped on
- stopped using an alarm clock
- realized that a trip to Target is now considered going "out"
- felt very lucky to be married to my husband (if you're reading this...I love you!)
- started wearing a glow in the dark watch
- wanted to pull all my hair out in the car
- rocked, swayed and bounced in all possible directions
- shed tears of frustration and joy
- lost 40 pounds and got back into my Luckys
- watched seasons 1-6 of Sex and the City (and the movie)
- used an entire bottle of Shout
- been amazed by our baby every single day