Friday, February 09, 2007

This weekend

I have a lot of things planned for this weekend. Probably too many to actually get done, but we shall see.

Tonight : I'm going to see Matthew Barney : No Restraint at CMA. Some of my friends declined my invitation after reading the synopsis. Personally, I don't know how you could not be interested in seeing what Barney actually does with Bjork and 45,000 pounds of petroleum jelly. I viewed most of The Cremaster Cycle a few years back at the Cinematheque - they're movies that I still think about all the time and I'm sure this film will be something to remember as well.

Saturday: Work. Make my entry for the Retro Recipe Challenge #6 and head over the see the Dirty Bottom Boys play at the Beachaland Ballroom.
Sunday: IKEA ROAD TRIP!!! Looking for nightstand lamps and a short bookcase.
Also working on gathering materials for a little plant project. Mighty Girl has posted a set of photos and instructions here. I purchased one large glass jar from Target and don't know if I want to get 3 matching jars or go with an assortment. The idea is to place them on the window seat in our dining room - preventing me from using it as a catch all. Here's one of the photos from her flickr set...












No comments: