Saturday, February 25, 2012

New recipe week

Last week I kept telling everyone it was my week of new recipes. These are the attempts...

Spicey Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs - First time I cooked anything under the broiler. It was easy! These would be also easy to grill and a great alternative to wings.

Senegalese Peanut Stew with Spinach and Sweet Potatoes - blah

Shrimp Creole - Our Fat Tuesday dinner was spicy and good over a little rice. No leftovers.

Pumpkin Spice Syrup - this was a mess. I had trouble straining it through the cheesecloth (maybe impatience?) and ended up with about an inch in the bottom of a canning jar. Next time I'll try using the cinnamon sticks and might forget the straining all together. Most of the other recipes I looked at didn't suggest straining. Determined to figure this out. Should be easy!

My turn to cook dinner for my Supper Club is exactly 1 month away. Need to plan menu a.s.a.p and have a practice run at it. All I know is that BEEF will be the main course.


2 comments:

Bali Hotels said...

Travel to Bali is very good to booking from Bali Hotels Accommodation. You will find something natural around the island. Exploring the island of Bali, and Best deal of indonesia bali hotels and Bali Luxury Hotels. Check also special deals on Bali Resorts in Kuta Bali Hotels, Seminyak Hotels, Legian Hotels , Nusa Lembongan Hotels,
Nusa Dua Hotels ,and Sanur Hotels. Or if you want to get holiday in Phuket, you can book from Phuket Hotels , Patong Hotels booking online,and Istanbul Hotels Turkey for Istanbul Turkey Online reservation.. Thank You.

Au pair UK said...

Interesting article and valuable information for families.