Thursday, November 02, 2006

Tricks or Treats?

I just finished cleaning up the kitchen from all my Halloween cooking.

Tuesday night we all planned to meet over my sister-in-law's house to celebrate the holiday in addition to my father-in-law's birthday. The only thing I had to do when I got home was make 5 lbs of mashed potatoes. So of course I got stuck in a traffic jam and we ended up arriving to the party very late. But our family doesn't usually start eating dinner till about 9pm so the only thing we missed were the trick-or-treaters.

This is the Martha meatloaf birthday cake I made for my father-in-law. Didn't get any pictures at the end but I piped "Happy Birthday" on it with ketchup, put a few candles on it and everyone sang. This cake was a hit and not hard to make at all. The most annoying thing was that my lumpy mashed potatoes kept getting stuck in the piping tip!

IMG_2145
IMG_2148
IMG_2149
IMG_2150
IMG_2151

And we can't seem to celebrate anything without deviled eggs, ideas from here and here
IMG_2160
IMG_2169

OK - We're leaving for vacation tomorrow morning. I'm supposed to be packing right now! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Sean Santa said...

i would eat every single thing in these pictures, nice job

L,

Sean

mary grimm said...

I love the idea of the meatloaf cake--must make one!