Monday, July 24, 2006

I am still full

IMG_1443
Friday - girls' night out at Stan Hywet Hall. We saw a performance of Much Ado About Nothing. It was a really great way to spend a summer evening. Next month they're putting on the musical Always...Patsy Cline.

IMG_1445
I have been wanting to put a picnic basket together all summer so I ran to the market at lunch and picked up my "supplies". I made 2 types of sandwiches on a french baguette - turkey, smoked gouda, spinach & mayo and ham, swiss, bibb lettuce & dijon mustard (combination was too salty). The turkey and ham are from that apple cured meat vendor. I had remembered this lunch meat being MUCH better than it was on Friday. Our side was a quick pasta salad - Ohio City Pasta pesto, fresh mozzarella and strawberry tomatoes. For dessert I bought some cookies and 3 slices of pie.

Saturday - Peninsula Farmers' Market in the morning & Bloggapalooza (I loved the red beans and rice from the Town Fryer) in the afternoon.

Sunday - Taste of Tremont had a full day of GREAT weather. My husband, brother and I sampled a lot of food...

La Tortilla Feliz - ceviche
Lolita - prosciutto cantaloupe skewers
Parallax - pulled pork sandwiches and noodle salad
Sokolowski's University Inn - pierogi and brat
St. John Cantius - stuffed cabbage and cabbage & noodles
Ty Fun Thai Bistro - egg rolls and pad thai

No comments: