Wednesday, May 24, 2006

drive in

I forgot to post about my first drive-in movie experience!

Last Thursday the Cleveland Museum of Art hosted a showing of Targets at the Memphis Drive In Theater. They showed an episode of the 3 Stooges and some funny old drive-in commercials before the movie started. It was fun! It would have been MORE fun if it was not freezing or raining - but we had the windshield wipers going and got through the evening. I think more people would have turned out if it the weather was better - who would have guessed it would be that cold in MAY?

John Ewing said that they are thinking about doing another drive-in movie this summer and I'll post about it when I find out more info. I'm so happy to see that the museum is getting creative while it's closed. Their film series is being held at CASE while the building is under construction.

I hope that Parkworks is going to have the Meet Me on the Mall series again this summer. I went to 2 movies last summer on Mall B and had the BEST time. It was such a great experience to sit on a downtown lawn with a crowd of people, look up at the stars and watch E.T.

1 comment:

SnogAsh said...

Hmmm, I love watching movies at the drive-in. Some of my earliest memories are of playing at the playground at Mephis before the movies started.