Saturday, August 27, 2005

veal marsala-test recipe

I made my first Good Home Cookbook test recipe last night. Veal Marsala. I also made a batch of Chicken Marsala because I had prepped enough ingredients for 2 batches. The recipe called for 1/2 c. of chicken broth in the list of ingredients but didn't mention it in the directions....no wonder they have people testing these recipes! Don't they have editors?

Anyhoo, the marsala came out pretty good. The sauce was rich, but you needed more to coat your noodles or rice. I wish they included some side dish suggestions.

Is there a better marsala wine than what they sell in the vinegar isle at g. eagle. When I have NO options, I feel like the ingredient can not be superior.

1 comment:

Randi said...

go to the liquor store and get some good marsala( dry not sweet). It will make all the difference.