Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Cha Cha Chicken

Instead of take out, we actually just went to Siam last Saturday for dinner. That was a big stress reliever. Not even any dishes to clean! Yay! And we had a really fun time.

Last night I did an enormous amount of slicing and chopping. The CSA delivery brought me a head of cabbage last week that I need to use. Cabbage and Nooodles sounded lovely, but aren't necessarily the healthiest thing to make for h. so I decided to do a Vietnamese chicken cabbage salad.

Yesterday afternoon I ran over to Trader Joe's to pick up a few items (salmon and not corn dogs). They just happened to be passing out samples of chicken salad. I was sold right then and there! I thought it must be a sign and put a bottle in my cart. It was tasty and much easier than making the dressing myself. Long list of ingredients to purchase.

I sliced my head of cabbage and a red pepper real thin like, poached and shredded some chicken, added some shredded carrots and topped it off with a sprinkling of peanuts. I made a little assembly line with the dressing at the end. I didn't mix it all together because I thought it would get soggy. We used up all the cabbage and have a bit of chicken left over. Perfect for making some "regular" chicken salad today.

No comments: