Wednesday, September 21, 2005

raspberry jam

Last night I thought I had to work. When I got there, someone else was already working. This really irked me off but I decided to make use of surprise night off.

I went to the local berry farm and picked 4 quarts of raspberries! Yay! I brought along my ipod for company and listened to George's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl. It was a nice to plug up my ears and ignore everyone else, besides a few bugs and crying kids in the field.

Anyways, at the end of the night I was left with 18 jars of seedy, ruby red, raspberry jam. I have some strawberries I picked last June in the freezer which may be turned into jam as well this week.

Last week I went to Aladdin's Baking Company for lunch and they had cases of fresh figs in! Oh, were they gorgeous, but what the heck would I do with a CASE of figs? Then, (I think it was a sign) I came across Fig Preserves with Vanilla from the hungry tiger. It sounds like a match made in heaven to me.

Signed up for Swap-bot's postcard swap!

No comments: