Monday, September 26, 2005

last batches?

Ok, I may be going a little jam crazy but I can't seem to control myself.

Unfortunately, the figs I purchased to make preserves were starting to get moldy! I had to throw them all away. I only had them in the fridge for 3 days. I guess it was too long. Now I have 3 vanilla beans with no plans for use. Maybe I'll buy more figs. How long do they last?

I made hot pepper jam this afternoon instead. The recipe only made 5 half pint jars, but how much of this stuff can you use? It's supposed to be good with cream cheese on crackers or with chicken. At least I used the peppers for something and didn't let them go to waste.

1 comment:

foodiechickie said...

Hello. I found your site through Yvett's. I like cooking also and love hot pepper jam. It is good for cream cheese. What recipe did you use? I am having a difficult time finding a good one. Thank you.