Thursday, October 13, 2005

veggie burgers & baked fries

Last night I made veggie burgers and baked fries for dinner. Does anyone know a better way to make Dr. Praeger's veggie burgers? The first time I baked them in the oven and they were mushy and fell apart when I tried to get them off the cookie sheet. Yesterday I cooked them in a frying pan on the stove...still mushy. I really like the consistency and taste of these veggie burgers - you can see pieces of carrot and whole lima beans in there! - but I want more of a crispy crust.

Oven Fries:

Oven 400 degrees

6 small potatoes
2 T. olive oil
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. old bay

I used my gradma's old french fry cutter to slice the potatoes into traditionally shaped french fries, but you could also do wedges. It will just take longer to cook. Add oil and seasonings to potatoes and toss to coat. Lightly spray cookie sheets (2) with cooking spray and arrange fries in a single layer. Flip fries after 10 minutes. Cook an additional 10 - 20 minutes depending on size of potatoes.

1 comment:

Sourire11 said...

I usually make oven fries with thin sliced potatoes b/c I don't have a fry cutter. They cook pretty fast and the thinnest ones get crispy which is a bonus.

I love your seasoning choices! I've only been using salt and pepper but next time I will definitely use this recipe!